Re: [bonoboui-hello ...]

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Murray,
>
> On 7 Jul 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > OK. Personally I'd prefer an external example, because newbies even
> > have trouble with configure.in, etc. But, whatever you prefer.
> > Including it in samples would force users to do the ui xml symlinking,
> > which is even worse than requiring them to 'make install'. I doubt
> > that you'd want bonoboui to install its samples.
>
>         The issue is that we already have thousands of small modules, and
> the likelihood of anyone shipping your sample is minimal unless it is
> built into the source.
>
>         It's also nice if we have samples with the package - even if they
> arn't made by default.

OK, let's put it in the samples dir.

After it has matured, I will separately maintain an external version
because I believe that it would be helpful, just as gnome-hello was
helpful. Now that coders have to deal with installation of xml files it
may now be even more necessary.

> > Somebody already posted a diff for it to this lists which you might
> > apply before adding it, or I'll apply it afterwards.
>
>         Can you merge it up and send me a diff ?

Sorry, I realise now that the diff was sent to me only. You don't seem
to have added the example yet, so I'll just apply it and post an updated
tarball for you.

Are the Bonobo2 changes quick enough for you to do yourself? I haven't
yet tried ORBit2/libbonobo2/libbonoboui2 environment, so it'll be a few
days until I can do it myself.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com