Re: moniker question

On 1 Feb 2001, Lutz Müller wrote:

> (1) Coding was quite easy: I simply replaced all "http" by "camera" -
> voila. Do we really have to duplicate that much code? Couldn't you get
> bonobo to look for an equivalent storage module and using this to get a
> stream? For example, if somebody wants to resolve "hey:/whatever",
> couldn't you try to find a "libstorage_hey.so" first before asking oafd
> to start an external program?

The main problem here, I think, is the intersection of functionality
provided by the moniker system and by the GNOME VFS. I don't know if some
kind of merging between the two is planned.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus cactus rulez org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key