moniker question

Hi!

I wrote a bonobo-moniker-camera, which will resolve URIs like
camera://whatever. I coded along the bonobo-moniker-http.

Some questions popped up while I was coding:

(1) Coding was quite easy: I simply replaced all "http" by "camera" -
voila. Do we really have to duplicate that much code? Couldn't you get
bonobo to look for an equivalent storage module and using this to get a
stream? For example, if somebody wants to resolve "hey:/whatever",
couldn't you try to find a "libstorage_hey.so" first before asking oafd
to start an external program?

(2) Another issue is that bonobo-moniker-http only creates an empty
control. It starts the ebrowser, but doesn't send a stream to it. I
assume it should be like "moniker-test -c file:/image.jpg", where I get
EOG back displaying the picture. Is this a bug?

(3) Even more, the program to use for display ebrowser) is hardcoded in
bonobo-moniker-http. What if I wanted to resolve
"http://server/image.jpg";, why would I want to use the ebroser? I'd
rather like to get back a decent image viewing program.

(4) In the camera case, I can't hardcode eog, as some digital cameras
can also store movies or sound. Therefore, I guess I should use another
moniker to resolve the stream I get from the camera. BUT: How can I
resolve a stream without temporarily saving it to disk? Is there a way
of getting a control directly from a stream? That would be useful for
the bonobo-moniker-http, too.

Thank you!

Lutz

--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Mueller           +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                                             |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |