Re: Python

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:13:15 James Amundson wrote:
> > I have a simple question: is it currently possible to create and/or use
> > Bonobo components with Python?
> The answer, as far as I can tell, is no. Bonobo appears to be changing
> quite rapidly at this point. The core Bonobo developers are clearly
> focused on the problems at hand, not frivolous things like language
> bindings. Furthermore, the logical choice at this point for a CORBA
> implementation would be orbit-python. There hasn't been any movement on
> that front in several months.

Isn't it possible to use Bonobo entirely using CORBA? Are the language
bindings just convienience wrappers or do they actually contain some logic?
I've used orbit-python to poke around OAF after reading in it's IOR, but
that's all I've done so far. I think that Python and Bonobo would work
really well together, especially for stuff like prototyping, RAD and
testing interfaces.

--
James A. H. Skillen <jahs skillen org uk>
3rd year MMath Mathematics undergraduate,