Re: BonoboPropertyControl suggestion

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> > We can do it instead by putting a bonobo:title property on the per
> > page controls - and this is a preferable design.
>
> API freeze means you can't add to IDL, but you can add properties to a
> property bag? Short term I guess this is OK. Long term it will lead to
> incompatibilities of newer code with older versions of bonobo.

	Not at all, people can put what they like in their property bags,
this title property has to be optional - there is no garentee that people
implementing the PropertyControl interface will implement this property -
however it is well worth standardizing the property to use if you want
this functionality.

	ie. 100% compatibility both ways, and no code change, no bin /
source breakage - simply a contractual reccomendation in some IDL - better
than an anarchic mess of people solving the same problem differently.