Re: OAF annoyance

On 16 Feb 2001 15:39:58 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Maybe I have posted this before, so if I have, please tell me that I
> am too jetlagged still.
>
> Normally oafd gets launched from a random terminal by
> EOG/Evolution/whatever.  So subsequent processes launched by oafd
> itself output their spew to the terminal from which oafd was launched.
>
> It is annoying to get spewage to random terminals.  Could we do some
> fd passing magic to make, say, all the Evolution components output
> their stuff to the terminal from which you ran "evolution"?

In addition, the behaviour mentioned above leads to the following
problem:
(1) I ssh into my computer (dormitory) and run evolution displaying it
through some X server at the university.
(2) Back in the dormitory, I run evolution again - but evolution-mail
etc is still trying to access the remove X server.
I always have to start oafd again in order to be able to run evolution.

Above suggestion would fix this, too.

Lutz

--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Mueller           +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                                             |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |