Re: X clipboard

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:20:23AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > The app knows when it holds the clipboard.  If the user closes the app, the
> > app would not close until something else got the clipboard.  It would
> > just close all it's windows and just work as a something to provide the
> > clipboard data if someone asks for it.
>
> When I said a clipboard server is bad, what I meant is that a
> nonstandard clipboard protocol is bad.
>
> For plain text, to avoid the "lose clipboard on exit" issue you can
> just run "xclipboard" right now today.

I think the 'keep alive' actually isn't that hard.  Probably even easier
then running any xclipboard or any bonobo based solution.  I think this could
be easily added to the API.  The app must know how to provide the clipboard
already.  With a bonobo based solution you have to build some elaborate
interface in your app to service this.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that