Re: bonobo-activation bug ...

On 4 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> This may miss an obvious point, but why not just use select()?

        You want to be handling other CORBA method calls - queries and
activations (for different components) while you are waiting for a
component to be exec'd - thus we can parallely activate a load of
components.

> If idle handlers are blocked, the GUI will lock up anyhow. So you may
> as well be totally safe, right?

        This is an issue inside the bonobo-activation-server, so there's
no GUI :-) you're prolly thinking of something else. In client code - you
can't get an idle handler in the linc mainloop ( or Gtk+ stuff re-entering
you unexpectedly ) - so that's not an issue.