ORBit2 idl-compiler headers not installed

I'm making a first attempt at building ORBitC++ with ORBit2, but it
needs headers such as orbit-idl2.h in ORBit2's idl-compiler directory,
which aren't installed.

I've found some messages in the archive with unhelpful text such as
"apparently it isn't used' and  'I'm not even sure if idl compiler
backends are working.' If it really shouldn't be installed, can someone
explain why, and suggest alternatives? Bear in mind that I have very
little idea how ORBit and/or its backends work, but I'm willing to
learn.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net