Re: URI-question

On 05 Aug 2001 00:51:28 +0200, Lutz Müller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How do I get a storage from a gzipped tar ball?
>
> moniker-test -s "file:my.file.tar.gz#gunzip:"
>
> will give me a gunzipped stream. What do I do wrong when I call
>
> moniker-test -r "file:my.file.tar.gz#gunzip:#untar:"

Doing an strace and watching the query to OAF, yu'll see that your
second example is requesting:
( repo_ids.has ('IDL:Bonobo/Moniker:1.0') AND bonobo:moniker.has
('untar:') ) AND (NOT test_only.defined() OR NOT test_only)
and untar: is defined as a moniker_extender, not as a moniker.

gunzip on the other hand is defined as a moniker.

Maybe i'm wrong.

--
Michael Lausch
See my web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP