Re: URI-question

On 06Aug2001 06:00PM (+0200), Lutz M?ller wrote:

>    On 06 Aug 2001 14:37:40 -0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> > > will give me a gunzipped stream. What do I do wrong when I call
> > >
> > > moniker-test -r "file:my.file.tar.gz#gunzip:#untar:"
> >
> > shouldn't this be "...#utar:" ?
>
>    This doesn't work either.

Hi,

Can we please change the monikers to be #gzip and #tar instead of
#gunzip and #utar, to avoid future compatibility problems with
gnome-vfs, especially as we move towards gnome-vfs fulfilling the
needs of most filesystem-oriented monikers? I'll post a patch but I
can't find the moniker code that implements these (I see a moniker
extender that claims to handle them but I can't see any zipping or
tarring going on).

Regargs,

Maciej