Re: GUADEC Issue discussion summary ...

So how about exploding the component priority list in the MIME database to
be per-interface?
Mathieu raised concerns about wether a real user interface can be created
for managing (mime type, interface)->(component priority list) pairs, but
my opinion is to certainly have the functionality in the backend and worry
about user interfaces later (after all, it is a `power user feature'
(sorry Darin))
Michael's idea is to move gnome-vfs above Bonobo anyway, so we can move
the moniker implementations into gnome-vfs (so we don't duplicate things
like http, bzip2, etc in the monikers), and use the mime database to store
priority lists there.

If you think this is such a minor issue that it is basically a non-issue,
imagine that currently, the result of resolving a moniker to a given
interface is not determined -- i.e. you may get totally different
components by resolving the same moniker to the same interface.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \    http://cactus.rulez.org       \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001