Re: patch for bonobo-storage-fs, dangling symlinks

Hi Vlad,

        Dietmar makes a very good point, which is that we need to
standardize on a single API for file handling.

        Ideally, we could wrap the gnome-vfs in a nice CORBA API that
could handle things like this, and segment a suitably simple subset of it
to be suitable for compound documents.

        Currently the Storage and Stream interfaces are intended to be
simple abstractions for compound documents, consequently we do not wish to
complicate them with unneccessary bells and whistles :-)

> Anyway, if there's interest, I would be willing to make a patch to
> implement some kind of support for links...

        We need a heavy duty set of nice CORBA file APIs in due course ...
interested ? these should ( of course ) be implemented inside gnome-vfs.