GUADEC Issue discussion summary ...

	Just a brief brain dump of my discussion with Darin and others
about a few bitlets in Bonobo for the benefit of posterity ( Hi
posterity ).

Gnome 1.4. ...

	* Focus problems - just need fixing, [ as an aside having
	talked to Owen, they may be due to a broken GTK_CAN_FOCUS
	setting somewhere.

	* Bonobo Controls merged into UI containers need several
	properties specifying and setting on them when they are
	altered such as icon/text, horiz / vertical, etc.
	IIRC Darin volenteered a simple patch for this.

	* Fixing the control / control-frame referencing issues,
	make the detection of the X plug/socket destruction cause
	sensible de-referencing to occur on the associated bonobo
	objects - Nautilus' equivilants would then slave their
	references on the control/control-frame's, and we couls
	use internal nastiness to check for aggregated Zoomables
	holding extra references perhaps.
	  When we're happy this is right in Nautilus, we can move
	it to Bonobo.

	* A secondary plug/socket ping scheme was mooted - which
	could be used in a very infrequent mode to provide a belt
	and braces fix for the same problem without much additional
	overhead.

	NB. Neither of these are a really good long term solution.

Future 2. ...

	* Popups -
		+ Should popup automaticaly when merged, so the
		containee can dictate when this should happen.

		+ Should use a BonoboUISync for the 'ViewAs' popup
		inside Nautilus ( in due course ).

	* It was noted that MS's 'priority text' toolbar setting
	was called such because a priority was assigned to each
	item, and then the dock layout done so as to maximise the
	visibility of priority text labels - a point for the future.

	* Jody is interested in implementing the pretty MS like GUI
	to customize the UI. This would need considerable design
	thought to do it right, but would add a lot of elegance to
	the platform as every application would have this feature.
	Since Jody suggested the cmd/widget separation, it seems only
	reasonable that he should get the glory for exposing its
	power to the users.

	* The future direction of Bonobo/ORBit / UNO - a longer separate
	mail to follow.