development questions

Some weeks ago I have made some changes to libefs. Just a few hours
later
someone disabled the efs module in gnome-vfs, complaining that it
is broken.

So I spent my time to fix the modules for bonobo and gnome-vfs. The
bonobo efs module was written by myself - so I checked in the
necessary changes.

Short time after that I received a mail from Michael:

> Please do Not commit anything to bonobo without sending a patch to
> me ...

So I have to wait for approval to change my own code!? This
really delays development. But maybe this is necessary in order
to get stable code, and I don't want to complain about this.

After the next change in libefs I made a patch and sent it to
the list. But instead of including my patch someone at
helixcode made some (even wrong) changes to my code,
without sending something to the list!

Why do I write patches and send them to the list if
the are simply ignored?

Regards,

    Dietmar