Re: recent change in Bonobo::ControlFrame

Hi Gergo,

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > > Why does get_ui_handler() return a Bonobo::Unknown instead of a
> > > Bonobo::UIHandler?
> >         Because I want a nice transitional route to the new UI handler
> > code with a minimum of breakage.
>
> Please don't tell me you want to keep both the old and the new UIHandler
> interface. Isn't this exactly why Bonobo is still declared `unstable'?

        Well; Bonobo is stabilizing very soon now. I don't think we can
afford many more changes if were are going to release a stable product in
the short term.

        Apart from that; No I don't anticipate using both at all, however
I want a system that compiles both ways until the last moment, and I am
writing a cut-down compat interface so that people who want borked UI
functionality can just use the old API, preferably without a re-compile on
the component side and with minimal changes server-side.