Using gnome components with Python

Does anyone know of a tutorial or instructional code for manipulating
Bonobo components with Python?  I'm also asking on Python mailing
lists.  I'm coming from the standpoint of knowing nothing about
components whatsoever, and I find Corba to be particularly
intimidating.  I've looked at the binding between the Orbit orb and
Python, but I'm still not very clear on the process.

Also, can someone explain the relationship between the Orbit C bindings
and Gnorba?  I've read the tutorial but it's not very clear.  Is the
purpose of Gnorba to wrap the Corba interface behind a more friendly C
library?