Embedding gnumeric...

 Folks,

   Having read the main description page for gnumeric at
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric, I'm extremely interested in the
possibility of embedding gnumeric into another application for data
analysis purposes.  Unfortunately, after several hours of weeding through
the archives of gnome-list, gnumeric-list, and gnome-component-list, I
seem to be no closer to figuring out how this is actually done.

   The document I mentioned above, in the section on CORBA and compound
documents, states:

  "Gnumeric is also available to other applications as a Bonobo component.
(Bonobo is the compound document architecture of GNOME).  This enables
your application to embed Gnumeric into your application for editing, or
displaying information.  *One line of code would achieve all the magic you
need.*"  [Emphasis mine]

   Can somebody clue me in on what this "One line of code" might be?
Because I certainly haven't been able to figure it out from reading the
mailing list archives, or the bonobo/samples codes (which imply that one
*thousand* lines of code is probably closer to the truth), or Google
searches, or DejaNews power searches...  I note that the quoted statement
is clearly in the present tense -- implying that it is possible to do this
*right now*, not at some distant time in the future when a bunch of issues
are worked out.  So, what's up?  Can this be done or not?

regards,
Jim Wiggs
wiggs@wiggs.net