Re: prefixing interface identifiers (X...)

* Michael Hoennig (mi) (mi sun com) wrote at 23:34 on 25/10/00:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> > > 3. special office suite stuff
> > >         => here Bonobo has little, OpenOffice has much
> >
> > could you please tell us more about the Office components? And where, in
> the
> > OpenOffice source tree can I find reference to this?
>
> http://api.openoffice.org or directly to the reference manual on
> http://api.openoffice.org/common/ref/

I have a question. When is it acceptable for OpenOffice/StarOffice/Sun to
"break" its API?

To me, it doesn't make sense to have the API from a version 1.0 exist in version 6.0?

Doesn't it make sense that when you GPL a project and plan to make major
changes it, to also be able to break/change the API as your needs arise?

Regards,
Ali