Re: a small summary - ?

Just two tiny points:

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > To summarize how I feel about all this: "It is just like hitting
> > wall of concrete with bare fists". It seems as if all the people on
> > the list had already made their minds about what they want to
> > do. Discussion seem to be useless unless we agree with them.
>
> 	Well; we have spent a very long time talking about this and
> we have presented our arguments; why is this like hitting a wall of
> concrete ?

Because the impression the majority of participants are getting is that
you are deciding contrary to what the majority of participants want.

> The fact that we made a decision that is in the best interests of the
> wider free software community ( try getting the OpenOffice hackers to
> vote if you want a vote; there are 400 or so of them ) and in the
> interests of many people who, as yet, do not use Bonobo.

If the 400 OpenOffice hackers care enough about it, they should speak up.
So far we have heard from only one who is in favor of dudlyCaps. As we
like to gleefully point out, I believe another Sun hacker (not sure which
division) was of the opinion that Java programmers could just use the
present GNOME convention w/o problems.

EOM
-- Elliot
[ "In a democracy, the government is the people," Milo explained. "We're people,
aren't we? So we might just as well keep the money and eliminate the middleman." ]
							- Catch-22