Re: The storage interface cleanup - incredible

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar maurer-it com> writes:

> Maybe you have to rename something, but that is all. You can use the
> same code on the server side as before. There is no semantic change.
> (or do I miss something?)

The way the C binding works is that you have an entry point vector
(epv) for each interface that a given interface inherits from, and a
vector of entry point vectors (vepv) of all of these for the
object. So splitting up an interface and creating one that inherits
from both of the split ones requires you to rearrange that server-side
code.

It may not be a semantic change, but it breaks server- and client-side
API, ABI and IDL compatibility for sure (much as renaming a
method would, even though that is also not a semantic change).

I don't want to quibble over semantics though.

It sounds like Michael and Miguel are going to approve your patch
either way.

 - Maciej