Re: xml->root, libxml2

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:34:28 Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Lutz,
>
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Lutz Mller wrote:
> > For example in "bonobo/bonobo-ui-node.c", you access xml->root (where
> > xml is a xmlDoc) directly. But xml->root does not even exist in
> > libxml2 (see gnome-xml/tree.h, line 335ff.) Instead, there are the
> > functions
>
>         Bonobo is emphaticly not compatible with libxml2, it should not
> even compile for you, I don't quite know how you managed to get it to
> build :-)

libxml2 isn't that different. Substitution of direct access ("->root") by
the corresponding function xmlDocGet/SetRootElement is a big step towards
bonobo being able to work with both libxml1 and libxml2.

I volunteer to do the substitution. Attached are two diffs against the
latest CVS source that substitute direct access (->root) by the already
mentioned two little functions. Nothing else changed. If you like the
diffs, commit to CVS and I'll gladly continue to work on getting bonobo to
work with both libxml1 and libxml2.

Thank you very much!

Regards

Lutz Müller
--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Müller            +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Straße 5                                              |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |