Re: BonoboZoomable - BonoboZoomLevel

Hi Martin

On 16 Oct 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Well, you normally call this function only once when you created your
> component and maybe each time you loaded a new file.

        Ok; but I would like to split it up :-) Many components will not
want to enumerate their prefered zoom levels, so I would appreciate that
being split out to make the default ( simple case ) operation more simple.

        Can we split it into:

        float level
        float min_zoom_level,
        float max_zoom_level,
        gboolean has_min_zoom_level,
        gboolean has_max_zoom_level,

        And:

        gboolean is_continuous,
        preferred zoom level stuff ...

> The big problem with splitting this up is that changing one value most
> likely invalidates all the other ones, so you'll end up setting all of
> them anyways (and a component also knows all of them anyways when it
> call set_parameters()).

        I know the component knows it, as does the programmer, but he
doesn't want to be constantly refering to the function to see what
pointers he has to pass to the thing in eg. the is_continuous = TRUE case.

> Also, set_parameters() results in a callback being invoked on the
> ZoomableFrame; we'd need to split up this callback as well.

        Ok then instead of this we have a

        bonobo_zoom_level_set_parameters ()

        and

        bonobo_zoom_level_set_parameters_full ();

        split as above. I want people to use this interface a lot and
this means cutting down the complexity as much as possible.