Re: Querying oaf of the interfaces a component implements ?

Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 rodrigo linuxave net wrote:
>
> > another question: if I've got the OAFIID, how can I know if the component is
> > running or not?
>
> You can do a query on the _active pseudo-field.
>
> Note, however, that using this information for purposes of deciding what
> to activate later on is considered a Bad Idea, due to the race conditions
> that can ensue.
>
> I know this sounds vague - if you describe what you're trying to
> accomplish I can try to provide some help with the specific problem.

ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I've got a window which shows a list of all the
components of my application, and I want to let the user activate/deactivate
them. So, first of all, I need to know if the component is running or not to add
the corresponding icon next to it (one for activated and another one for
not-activated).

Then, if possible, I want to let the user start/stop those components. BTW, those
components are GenericFactory's.

It is a sort of goad-browser, but for only my components.

cheers