Re: Storage Interface?

Hi Dietmar,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I have asked for some extra time but it seems that nobody is
> interested in fixing the Storage interface.

        I'm interested, of course, it is vital to make sure that
Bonobo is the best we can make it.

> Instead we freeze something that is guaranteed to change.

        Since you feel so strongly about it, I have looked over
the code, and it seems on the face of it that many of your changes
would create little significant breakage in Bonobo, Nautilus or
Evolution.

        Many of the nice changes such as adding useful methods
and more lucid exceptions need no source changes in applications
so those look reasonable now.

        As for removing certain methods, you seem to have nailed
the crufty ones, but it is important to see the impact on other
software, preferably posting patches so we can corporately gague
the impact and reach a consensus before proceeding with each.

        Does that make sense ? your contributions to bonobo are
very valuable to us all and the last thing we want is you wandering
off elsewhere and being snaffled by some other project :-)