Re: License

Hi Maciej,

On 9 Oct 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> The IDL files too (some already have it).

	That is bad I'll fix that.

> No one suggests adding the whole text of the licence, just 11
> additional lines of text that identifies the license terms, disclaim
> all warranty, and tell you where to get a copy of the license in case
> you got a file separated from the rest of the distribution somehow.

	I tell you what; if the mad lawyers insist on wasting everyone's
bandwidth, time and hair then perhaps, if you wrote a nice foolproof emacs
macro that chopped the standard blurb out of the top of the file and
converted it into something small and readable, as we have now perhaps I
could be convinced :-)

	Alternatively if we were autoconf genii we could write a
perl-script that would do all this wastage before we released each time so
no-one needed to see it...

> I'll leave it to Miguel to make the call.

	me too.

> Really, though, this is not a big deal other than adding a copyright
> notice to the headers and IDL files that don't have one already.

	I'll get onto that now.