Re: BonoboView sizing problems

Hi Martin,

On 30 Nov 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:
> So basically, there's no difference except that my getDesiredSize() is
> less error-prone and works no matter whether the socket has been
> created or not.

        Yes yes; we used to have a separate sizable interface to address
this issue; the problem is that I very much want to avoid people screwing
with adding CORBA hacks around their X misunderstandings ( not that you
are, but this can easily happen with this sort of API ).

> I also added back bonobo_control_frame_size_request(), this function
still
> existed in the header file, but was not implemented.

        Great. Patch looks nice, please remove this comment and commit.

+       /*
+        * Check that this ControLFrame actually has a Control associated
+        * with it.
+       g_return_if_fail (control_frame->priv->control !=
CORBA_OBJECT_NIL);

        If we assume the source code reader is a total moron, we might
encourage total morons to mess with the source ;-) cf.

        /* set the window title */
        gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (about), _("About Nautilus"));

        :-)