Re: more moniker questions

Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Dietmar,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > You do:
> > storage = bonobo_get_object("file:/tmp/test.tar",
> > "IDL:Bonobo/Storage:1.0");
>
> I still cant see why this will work

        You can't understand, because in fact it will not work; the
assertion was erroneous.

> In bonobo-moniker-file.c: (file_resolve) we do the following OAF query:

        This capability should be split out, and a sane way of extending
pre-written monikers implemented. Either way, if you are writing an efs
moniker, please use the:

        file:/tmp/test.tar#efs:

Ok, I see it ;-) The file/ftp/http/... moniker is able to return a
BonoboStream - nothing more. And we have a general
way to extend the functionality of a moniker, more or less
something like:

transform_object (object, requested_interface);

which does exactly what is now contained in the file moniker
and duplicated in the http moniker. We can also extend it to
query for an object which transforms a Stream into a
Storage (tar, efs, zip, ...)

- Dietmar