Re: Continuing discussion of oaf ...

> > Now.  I believe the issue of uniqueness is not going to come up if we
> > have a few guidelines for constructing the OAFID name space (and still
> > manage to not use the ugly uuids).
>
> I'm wondering since when uglyness has become an argument against technical
> requirements.

If things are ugly, why would I be compeled to use it?  Specially in
the world of free software, where people are not paid to do things.

In KDE you can do stuff like (not sure about the syntax):

	dcopclient --app KWrite --command 'insertText "Hello"'

In the GNOME world we will have:

	bonoclient --app
	OAFID:GNOME:Gnumeric:Bonobo:1.0:01203-02343-q9450-11029-48101-3924 --command 'insertText "Hello"'

If I am looking for a platform to do my scripting, I am more likely
going to use something sane, and not the Bonobo solution.

Miguel.