Re: where to put tar storage object...

> 	1. A moniker handler should just do two things: parse the
>            display name and resolve the moniker.

This is exactly what the http moniker (included in
bonobo/monikers) does. In the case of the gunzip moniker, I actually do
have some gunzipping action in the moniker because it seems like a very
basic operation and seems to me that moving it into a seperate component
is overkill and introduces a not unsubstantial overhead in launching a
component.

> 	2. During resolution time, the moniker ::resolve() method
>            should take any necessary steps to satisfy the resolution,
>            but it should not activate any components to run in the
>            address space and return objects to components in its
>            address space.

Hmm. The http moniker launches ebrowser if resolved against a Control
interface. That's what I understood should happen after our
discussions. How should this be handled?

In the case of resolving against a stream, it does do
bonobo_stream_open_full() on the http module, but that is fully
independent of the moniker (and is in
gtkhtml/components/http-storage-module).

> For instance, we might want to combine the most used moniker handlers
> into a single package.  This package might be just a shared library
> for efficiency reasons, and might just get disposed when the main
> process gets dispossed.

Right. This was the eventual intent of the http moniker, if I recall
correctly.

I hope this clears things up.

Joe