Re: Oaf IDL re-structuring ...

Hi Elliot,

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> . We are already using the 'OAF' namespace for the internal OAF IDL

        It is proposed to rename this.

> If we were going to start grouping everything under a single namespace,
it
> should be under 'GNU' or something slightly more generic - GNU::GNOME,
> GNU::Bonobo, GNU::OAF, etc. etc.

        Yes; this is one theory; what concerns me is the amount of typing
people would have to do if we keep adding namespace specifiers:

        GNU_GNOME_OAF_

        is longer, I'd like to try and avoid pre-pending too many levels
of redundant namespace, due to the extra typing pain this gives all C
binding users.

        I am curious as to why you object to putting OAF in the GNOME
namespace though ? I know it was intended to be GNOME independant so it
could be used elsewhere; do you envisage GNOME_OAF_ putting off potential
clients ?

        Clearly, if you object violently to putting it in GNOME/ there is
nothing I can do about it; carry on as normal.