Re: Oaf IDL re-structuring ...

Hi,

On 20 Nov 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > I don't get this "registration" thing everyone is talking about. Did
> > the OMG suddenly start charging for repoIDs?

        Yes there is a flat rate of $2 per subdomain; all cheques and
postal orders should be send to me, payable to Meeks Enterprises.

> Michael claimed there was a process for registering top-level IDL
> namespaces (not in a $$$ cash money sense but just that they put you
> on some official list). Or at least that was the impression I got.

        I was lead to believe that there was a process for registering top
level domains by Miguel, but didn't have time to investigate the veracity
of this ( throwaway ) stipulation.

        Either way; whether there is or is not, it is important not to
sprawl all over the space, it's quite irresponsible :-) Also, as the scope
of the GNOME expands, we will have to co-exist with a lot of existing IDL,
so sensible namespacing is good any way you look at it.