Re: Attempt at a ORBit/CORBA/Bonobo terminology FAQ?

Hi Ali,

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:
> I think (for the FAQ) it would be nice if we got a semi-detailed
> description of the differences between a Control and a Component...The
> distinction was not made very clearly to me and I couldn't find any
> resources about it.

        Well; I just updated the Control section expanding on the
'is a componentized widget' thus a Control is a component; I also added a
rather wooly but workable definition of a component:

@Q: What is a component?

    A component is a ( preferably small ), re-usable piece of
    software, with well defined interfaces and interactions. In this
    context these interfaces are described in IDL and the interactions
    via. CORBA.