bug, speed problem in Bonobo relating to commands

Working on popups more, I discovered that I need to mark the commands dirty,
as well as the widgets. (Dirt is propagated from commands to widgets, but
not the other direction, so the dirtying in add_popup has to do the
commands.)

Once I did that I discovered a pre-existing speed problem. Updating the
commands takes more than a second, close to 2 seconds, on my very fast
machine. The problem is that walking the whole tree looking for a particular
command ID is a very slow operation, and this is exactly what
update_cmd_state does.

I have many simple ideas for speeding this up. It's easy to maintain a list
of all the widget nodes for each cmd_node, for example.

Your thoughts? Do you want me to fix this? Do you want to fix it?

It's causing a major speed problem for Nautilus right now.

    -- Darin