menu merging in the other direction

There is at least one command that we want in the right-click menu for the
Nautilus file manager view that is window related. These commands would not
be part of the file manager component, but it's the file manager component
that puts up the menu.

So I'm going to have to either:

    1) add more interface on our control frame to allow the file manager to
do these commands (either through a new interface or adding stuff to
Nautilus:ViewFrame), or
    2) implement some kind of "menu merging" that goes in the opposite
direction that classic Bonobo menu and toolbar merging does, supplying menu
items for a component's right-click menu

Any thoughts on which I should do? Any of this that should go into Bonobo
instead of being Nautilus-specific?

    -- Darin