Re: it's scary

"Sergio A. Kessler" <sak@tribctas.gba.gov.ar> writes:

> Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> el día Mon, 29 May 2000 12:21:04 -0400
> (EDT), escribió:
>
> hmmm, maybe I was confused... I read the thread more or less like:
>
> maciej: I'm so happy with gnome-vfs that I may want to integrate libole2...
> miguel: no, you don't, what you really need is monikers.
> maciej: !? I'm happy with gnome-vfs ...
> miguel: no, you don't.
> maciej: yes, I'am.
> miguel: no, you don't. what happens is that you don't know that what
>         you really want is a moniker ...
> maciej: haaa !?

I don't think that is an accurate summary of the discussion at all. I
was ignorant about monikers. Now I understand them better. The current
points of view seem to be that I want monikers extended to be able to
do everything gnome-vfs URIs can do, and Miguel seems to think that
the file manager should use gnome-vfs URIs and everything else should
use monikers. But the discussion is still in progress. Please let us
allow us to come to informed conclusions.

 - Maciej