Re: it's scary

> from Raph Levien:
> "One of the focusses of GNOME has been simplicity. However, as the platform
> matures and there is pressure to add new features, it's growing more
> complex. Bonobo, for example, is now about 100k lines of code. For something
> that's supposed to be a simple component framework, that's quite a lot of
> code. That's going to make it much harder for people to grok the entire
> system, especially new people coming on board."

This is all wrong.

	1. Bonobo is about 35k lines of code.

	2. The fact that things are complex internally is fully
           irrelevant to the user perspective.

I do not think that GNOME's focus ever was simplicity.

Raph is actually wrong in his above statement: for instance, the
canvas and libart are extremely complex beasts on the inside, and most
programmers wont understand then at first, still, users of the code
find it very easy to use.

The same happens with Bonobo: internally it might have a number of
complex things, but externally it is very simple.  Just like any other
project: Gtk, the Linux kernel, gcc, etc.

Independently of that, the whole point of monikers is that they are
powerful abstractions for locating objects.  A powerful concept never
found before.

Miguel.