Re: [Nautilus-list] Bonobo changes break Nautilus & eog build

> Dan Winship changed the BonoboPersistStream API but nobody updated Nautilus
> or EOG, neither of which will compile with the latest Bonobo.

My understanding was that anyone trying to use up-to-the-minute bonobo
was expected to be paying attention to gnome-components-list.

Anyway, you can see the diffs at
http://primates.helixcode.com/~danw/persist-stream.diff. (The ones in
the gnome-components-list archive are out of date, and the more recent
diff that I posted there got filtered out for moderation because it
was too long...)

For EOG (and other components), you can probably just copy the sorts
of changes made to bonobo/components/text-plain/bonobo-text-plain.c.

For Nautilus (and other containers), you probably just need to add the
new "type" argument to Bonobo_PersistStream_{load,save} calls, which
can be "" if you don't know or don't care about the content type.

There are also additional new features that you can take advantage of
involving type-checking and importing/exporting multiple types, as
explained in idl/bonobo-persist.idl.

-- Dan