Re: Toolbar API (was PersistStream typing changes)

> I vote we break the API for toolbars ever-so-slightly so that we can have
> toggle buttons with pixmaps. Mike committed something to allow this
> yesterday, but it doesn't change the toolbar API. Using the GnomeUIInfo
> is, in my opinion, absolutely atrocious and ugly for this kind of stuff.
> Besides, I'm not sure I know of any other applications that use toggle
> buttons in their toolbars as it stands, and it's better to fix this before
> everyone starts. :)

And while we're breaking the toolbars, can I ask if there is any way to specify
the place that the toolbar appears, and if not can one be added, cos it's
looking tacky when a components toolbar with one item appears in the top row of
the dock, nudging all the others out of the way.

Ignore me if I've missed something obvious :)

iain