Re: control widgets disappear

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> Damon Chaplin wrote:
> >
> > Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > I've got a BonoboContainer which loads a BonoboWidget on it. This
> > > BonoboWidget in turn loads two BonoboWidgets on it, each of them in a
> > > notebook tab. Well, when the main BonoboWidget is loaded, everything is
> > > fine, but when I switch to another tab, some of the widgets contained in
> > > the other BonoboWidgets disappear. They are still active, as you can see
> > > other widgets being enabled/disabled by pressing where once upon a time
> > > there was a check button.
> > >
> > > Any idea of why this happen? We're using bonobo-0.12
> >
> > I've seen this problem with GtkNotebooks before a few times, with some
> > pages being blank. So it may be a GtkNotebook rather than Bonobo problem.
> >
> > I can't say for sure though.
> >
> If it's a GtkNotebook problem, do you know what can be the cause? and
> the solution if any?

I never found the problem. I haven't even got any code to reproduce it now.

I thought it might be to do with the gtk_notebook_size_request() function,
which uses some odd code for showing/hiding/unmapping its children.
But Owen Taylor did explain the reason for the strange code, and I never
tracked the problem down.

Damon