Re: Libole2.

This whole discussion seems to me to be on two different levels:
One being the access to the saved raw data as (typed) octet-stream and
one the access to an object that knows how to process the data.

Maybe Maciej and Miguel are right. We need some file-like way to access
the raw data (e.g. gnome VFS) and the OO - moniker access.

The moniker-system would need an additional method to get the uri (or
something like that) to the raw data of that object.
This extension to the moniker-system is required because the moniker's
document structure view maybe totally different from the data
organisation and position (e.g. linking).

Letting the user choose the aplication to open dthe data with, would be
easy with this in place. Just get the uri to the data and it's type,
then find a application that can handle that type and pass it the uri of
the data.
Normaly i think this will only be needed for the last part of the
moniker, if all appliction handling that format have the same moniker
syntax. Anyway if we can split the monikers at the right places, we
could deligate the choice to the user on any level, If a user wishes
that degree of choice.

I'm not sure that this is realistic, because I don't know whether the
components store their data in standard formats(i'm not doing bonobo
development yet).

Martin

PS: i uses uri in some places but i just meant and file-like naming
scheme in contrast to monikers.