Re: import/export interface for Bonobo

Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> writes:

> 	Ok, I prefer the interface I had sketched out [ vaguely ] in
> bonobo-persist.idl:

I like Michael's interface better too. The only thing I don't like
about it is that it doesn't seem to allow for different sets of types
for saving and loading.

> 	I wished to put this in the Persist interface so  that every IO
> operation had the option of being typed, but I'm now lesss convinced about
> this. Miguel too doesn't like it since it is not what MS use.
>
> 	So; I would like to know how COM tackles this problem before we
> commit to an interface, since we need to maintain a high level of
> compatibility. If someone has time to hunt the msdn library it would be
> great to have a link.

If COM solves the problem better, great, if not, I think we should go
with something similar to the solution Michael outlined, perhaps
renaming things to TypedPersistStream and the like, and saving the
original if it is all that important.

 - Maciej