Re: bonobo_ui_handler_menu_set_toggle_state

    John> Currently it behaves as if the user had selected the menu
    John> item, but this seems like it's the wrong choice. How can a
    John> caller set the state of the checkbox without actually
    John> causing code to run? The same issue exists for the radio
    John> button items.

This is the same way GTK+ widgets behave.  Normally in GTK+ you can
prevent the signal from being delivered with gtk_signal_block(), but
in the case of Bonobo, of course you cannot do this.

So, yes, I think I agree with you that the call should only change the
state without triggering the callback.

--
Ettore