Begun work on Bonobo IDL compiler

Hello guys,

   I have begun the work on the bonobo idl compiler that should
simplify the development of Bonobo::Unknown based objects.

   In the past I have told people about creating a Gtk-based CORBA
bindings and using this instead of the C bindings, but after a lot of
thinking and discussion with other people, I have reached the
conclusion that it would be a useless excercise.

   See, you can think of the functionality provided by Bonobo CORBA
servers as implemeneted in bonobo/bonobo as pre-done implementation of
common interfaces, with a good portion of sugar coating to simplify
the development of Bonobo applications.

   Although this addresses a large problem and simplifies the life of
most developers interested in the the traditional uses of Bonobo, the
development of Bonobo servers typically contained a lot of boiler
plate code and there is a very little motivation for making those
interfaces a layer of sugar candy, as they would typically be final
implementations.

   So I have decided to keep the CORBA C binding and instead just
simplify the authoring of Bonobo servers.  Clients would still have to
use the CORBA C binding to talk to the servers, and the servers would
still use the C CORBA API for transfering information back and forth,
but the ammount of work required should be drastically reduced now.

Miguel.