- From: Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- Cc: gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Stream::read
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
I'm begginning to get annoyed with:
* @count: number of bytes to read.
* @buffer: the buffer where the data is returned.
long read (in long count, out iobuf buffer)
The iobuf buffer has a _length field, so why do we duplicate this
information in the 'long' return value ? it is annoying to have to check
the exception then take the min of retval + buffer->_length.
Can I fix this before more people start using it =) ?
Also; I'd like to forcibly remove libefs from bonobo, and I need a
decision as to whether we still keep the loadable module to avoid linking
the vfs in each time, or whether we simplify it all into 1 directory and
mandate the vfs ?
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev