Re: Symmetricity(sp?) of query_interface

Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> writes:

> Hi Gergo,
>
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, ERDI Gergo wrote:
>
> > And, on another note, shouldn't aggregation be supported in
> > Bonobo::Unknown?
>
> 	It could be, but it is unneccessary.

I think binary aggregation is useful. Microsoft COM has a clever
solution for binary aggregation: when you create a COM object, you can
pass an IUnknown *pOuterUnknown, which it will assume it is an "outer"
object aggregating it. It is supposed to proxy all query_interface
calls to that object and only do internal processing if the outer
query_interface fails. However, this solution requires the ability to
pass parameters to objects at activation time. I am not sure if we
have that capability, or how we would design it.

 - Maciej