Re: g_idle killer ...

Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> 	The attached patch adds a g_idle handler ( I feel this is
> preferable to a timeout ) that kills the process if it has failed to
> register the correct IID after a few idle loops. This can of course race
> and cause grief; hence there is a function to turn this off before it
> begins, however I feel it is a lot better than what was there.

Oops, I already replied to the previous version of this patch. Anyway,
I don't think using an idle handler like this is appropriate; number
of passes through the idle loop is a completely arbitrary and
unpredicatable condition. While a fixed timout is somewhat arbitrary
too, I think I would like it better.