Re: Default menus in a UIHandler

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > p.s.: I'm still waiting for something even remotely looking like a reply
> > regarding my problem with objects becoming NULL in the inter-ORB space.
>
>         Well; that was indeed a detailed E-mail, I imagine something is
> getting screwed somewhere; either the object is being erroneously released
> by one end or the other, or whatever unique ID is used to identify the
> implementation is being garbled somewhere on the link; or something. Nag
> Elliot, but don't just get at him, give him a sample perl script, or
> couple of C programs that he can run to replicate the problem.

I talked with him the other day, and promised to write a more `formal' bug
report, with `how-to-replicate' code and such. However, it finally became
clear that the problem is somewhere in JavaORB after all: I've written a
test program using JavaORB/Java and OmniORB/C++, and the OmniORB/C++ one
worked. Nevertheless, I'll post both test programs to the ORBit list
tomorrow (just to round the thing up).

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus@cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key