Re: Default menus in a UIHandler

Hi Gergo,

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> I noticed that GtkHTML's Editor control creates menu items in Edit/
> without actually creating the Edit menu first. This implies to me that
> there are some menus (I guess File, Edit, and Help are some of
them) that
> are required to be created by a UIHandler implementation. Where can I
find
> a list of these?

        There is no list currently; clearly if your program does no
editing it is not so useful to have these editing options included; if it
does then they will appear, so, well, there needs to be a better solution,
but that is true of the whole UI handler. Rest assured it is under my
constant consideration.

> p.s.: I'm still waiting for something even remotely looking like a reply
> regarding my problem with objects becoming NULL in the inter-ORB space.

        Well; that was indeed a detailed E-mail, I imagine something is
getting screwed somewhere; either the object is being erroneously released
by one end or the other, or whatever unique ID is used to identify the
implementation is being garbled somewhere on the link; or something. Nag
Elliot, but don't just get at him, give him a sample perl script, or
couple of C programs that he can run to replicate the problem.

        Thanks,