Re: BonoboObject ...

on 7/6/00 12:50 PM, Michael Meeks at michael@helixcode.com wrote:

> Just reading through the perennial old chestnut that is
> bonobo-object. I am having problems seeing quite where the finalize
> is happening; I am wondering if this is the cause of a leaking gtk
> type I am seeing (?). It would also seem that the sooner we make
> bonobo_object_destroy private the better.

You have a point. The loop in bonobo_object_destroy should call
gtk_object_unref, not gtk_object_destroy.

On a more-selfish, Nautilus-related note, we should not make
bonobo_object_destroy private until we fix the circular reference problem in
bonobo_control_set_control_frame. This is keeping a reference in the control
to its control frame which also has a reference to the control. Until that
is dealt with, Nautilus must use bonobo_object_destroy to avoid leaking
every single view component it ever deals with.

    -- Darin